Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Parque El Ejido & English Fellowship Church, Quito

This site is obsolete
Please VIST OUR NEW WEB-SITE: http://exploramumourworldtrip.com

I had read on-line about a great church that is informal.
English Fellowship Church.
It caters to locals, ex-pats, and tourists, and was recommended as a great meeting place.
So we went along to the second service - we were both really impressed.
The place was packed.
It has a large kids meeting downstairs with play equipment.
My son still raves about the guy who shared that day.
We met some really lovely people, and the service was so practical to where I am in my life, ad my relationship with God.
After the service, many people came and spoke to us.
We were invited to play-dates for my son.
Coffee morning and book-club for me.

We headed back through the park once again.
Today it was packed.

Many artists display their native works.
These are feather paintings.
Incredibly fine detail.

But what I liked most was meeting this lovely bunch of ladies.
Although we do not peak their language, they were warm and we caring.
They refused money for the photo.
Their gentleman friend, and the ladies all joined us in a good laugh.
My son threw his arm around one lady.
We felt like we had made new friends.
They never asked us to buy a thing.
It so changed my perspective on indigenous people here in Quito.

The day ended in a huge hailstorm.
So we headed back to our hotel.
We enjoyed some pool, and a glass of red wine and what we call "family time".

To me, Quito and Ecuador feel so much more relaxed (and safer) than Colombia.
As the candles flickered and the music played, I realised how much I am enjoying my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.