Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

My son goes to the dentist in Panama

This site is obsolete
Please VIST OUR NEW WEB-SITE: http://exploramumourworldtrip.com

As we approach the 6 month start of our trip, 
I decide it is time for a dental check up for both of us.

My seven year old goes first.
He lost his front tooth in Fiji, and the tooth fairy kindly left the $$ in USA.
There is no tooth fairy in Fiji.

I noticed his teeth were a slightly off colour.

we had also had a double dose of antibiotics in Fiji.
So I wanted to see if they had effected his teeth too.
I know antibiotics can leave marks on teeth with repeated use.
For this reason also, we have not taken malaria tablets yet.
There are no malaria mosquitoes around in Panama.
The tablets are basically antibiotics.

So with the help of two new friends, the trip to the dentist is achieved.
Our first friend helps us get the taxi to the dentist.
Our friend, Elaine is already in the dentist for her tooth repair.

We wait over 1 hour.
We pay $5 to register. 
(Plus cost of clean at end).

We have to provide our passport number.
I haven't bought our passports!
Fortunately, we have our passport number inside our ID bracelets.

My son is a complete chicken.
You would think he is tortured the way he carries on.

Our lovely dentist is Lesbia Cuadia de Anna 
(I think - I am having trouble reading her writing on the card).
Sh speaks only a little English.
So Elaine interprets for us.

We both get a good report.
I am so pleased there are no fillings to be had.

We both get a scale and clean and fluoride treatment.

You can find this wonderful dentist at 
Via Transistmica, San Vincente de Chilibre.

7 comments:

  1. At least everything is in good shape and clean.

    visit here

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a wonderful dentist - yes very good and clean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, most people couldn’t stand being on the dentist’s chair, but I think your son did a fair job. It’s good to know that the two of you didn’t need any major procedures to be done. Regular dental checkups definitely help in keeping both your teeth in good condition.

    Weston Wadlington

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s good to hear! No cavities at all! You did a great job in taking care of your son’s oral hygiene. Anyway, I understand the reaction of your son. After all, it was just his first dental visit and I’m sure he’ll be braver the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eduardo - yes better to chck than have cavities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a little adventure there before having your teeth seen by a dentist. But I am pleased to know that the both of you got a good report, and no filling had to be done. And even though your son was a little scared, he still went through it, so it's a two thumbs up for him!
    Thanh Arnett

    ReplyDelete