Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Boquete Chirqui Highlands - Waterfalls and National Park

This site is obsolete
Please VIST OUR NEW WEB-SITE: http://exploramumourworldtrip.com

Today is a day to see the mountains and the gorgeous area around us.
We hop on the mini-bus to Alto Lino.
There are locals mainly and I have my piece of paper and map to where we want to go.

When we get to the road, the sign points the other way up the hill.
But an eager American hiker joins us.
He is older and fitter than me and pounds up the hill.
As we just about jog, I can barely keep up.
He tells me of his real estate purchase around the area, including a piece of island.
Must say I was a little jealous!
We find a gate that says to pay, and he tells us that is new and he has never paid.
So we ignore it and head on.
We commence to walk to Senderos La Pidra da Lino to Waterfall Casualidad
- the trail Sendero Los Quetzales.


It is great as he takes a photo for us - a rare thing out in nature.


We walk over many creeks and streams and of course I slip and fall in.
Wet feet to hike with - hmmm.
I let him go ahead.
I need a nature break of a different kind!
We hike on for well over an hour.
But we take it easy and take a lot photographs.
At the same time we are listening for Howler Monkeys, and watching butterflies.
Then we meet a group of bird-watchers.
Seeking out the elusive Quetzal.

When we reach the top, I sit and watch some hummingbirds.
It is peaceful and the nature is just awesome.

We see a lot of various fungus and flowers growing.

The trees reach to the sky as we seek to find the Howler Monkeys.
My son was a dot at the base of this one.

The begonias are to die for.
I think of my old garden back in Adelaide and all the plants that just grow wild here.
I think of the hours I used to tend it, and how things are just in bloom -
especially the wild Bird of Paradise and Agapanthus - it is incredible.

We stop and look at the morning due on the spider webs.
Once we start to look, we find nature is just giving us the best display.

And yes!  We see a rush of colour before us.
A Quetzal flies right before us.
It has cost us all of $6 each way by bus.
The bird watching group paid $39.
They never got to see the Quetzal and we did.
We do a little victory dance right there on the path.
I am all for saving money, and it is nice when nature gives us a treat!

As we leave the clouds roll in.
My son falls through the thin steps of the walk over bridge at a creek.
He has taken all his skin off the front and back of his leg.

He wants to go home and do him maths.
No more waterfalls today.

We head back by the mini-bus to town.

The festival is still in full swing.
We wander around town.
The square is just lovely as the waterfall dances to lights and various heights.

Boquete is a very pretty town.
I suggest a visit - but not a stay when the festival is on due to the night noise.
But it really is pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment